Momento

For my momento piece, i wanted to create something that reminded me of a traumatic memory I have. When I was a child, we moved to the east coast and we're new to boating on water with tides and currents. We ended up being stuck on an island we're suddenly our boat began to sink. All I remember was how chaotic it was. Everyone yelling. Everyone panicking. I can vividly remember my mom just throwing everything overboard. We ended up being ok, after swimming to another island and waiting for help. I wanted to create something that represented chaos. I formed small circular pieces of clay and attached each of them before baking them. I wanted each piece to link together in representation of the anchor chain that was realistically the beginning of the whole event. The object that was keeping us stuck in one place as we slowly sunk our boat. 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BA Week 8