BA Week 4

This week I took a different approach in the studio. I think I just wanted to take a week from what I was preciously doing and try it in a different way. I created a ceramic bowl that I threw that I will be turning into a loom. I just finished putting notches in the rim so that I will be able to warp it like a loom. I just have to wait for it to be fired but I am pretty excited to see how it comes out. With the bowl being circular, I decided to go ahead and loom on a circular shaped loom. Its funny how different something can look just by what it starts as. I thought this was really fun I think just because it was something new, but hoping to find some more answers with experimenting more.
My work still continues to come from the inspiring Ana Teresa Barboza, although its funny, this week I didn’t even reference her work, but looking back at it I can see how she is inspiring me in ways without me even knowing. My work still comes back to hers and how she creates a space. 


This week we read on seeing your work in a historical context. Its funny, because although this seems important and relevant, it honestly does not interest me whatsoever. The past readings this semester have really grabbed my attention and resonated with me, but for some reason this just isn’t doing the same. I’m not sure why exactly, or if I should be concerned, but for some reason the history of where my work is coming from doesn’t do much for me. Thinking about it though, it is probably a good way of finding content within your work you didn’t even know existed. It probably helps make sense of why we make the decisions we do as artists

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BA Week 8