BA Week 5



This week in the studio I wanted to change things up, especially my color palette because i felt like i was getting a little bored with it. I decided to cut my two looms off on the bottom and tied them together in the middle, i felt like it actually really helps the space in between the two. Having them connected is just a better use of the space. I think eventually i will want to put one rod that runs all the way through both of them. For my next loom, i decided to make it a lot larger.








I created a 4x4 loom and warped it and began looming. Im realizing now how much more challenging it is to go this big when you're doing it all by hand. Im not sure how long this will take me to complete but i think it will be really exciting to watch the process of it gradually become whole.







I was assigned heather for our extra project this week, who paints realistic images of indulgent foods. For me personally, ice cream is my weakness, where i tend to indulge; so i painted an ice-cream cone.


I recently found an artist that has had a lot of influence on my work recently and i think some of her pieces really connect to what i have had in mind. Her name is Catherine November Hoibo. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BA Week 8