Multiple Panel












Cotton, Dye, Thread

1x10 ft

This project was aimed on creating a piece that was made by multiple panels. I knew right away i wanted to create panels using textiles. I actually began this by dying fabric with natural dyes. I used turmeric, red onion skins, and avacados to dye white cotton. It turned out really successful, but i wasn't too excited about the color that came out. I then decided that it wasn't very important content wise to use natural dyes so i bought some and created some mixes. I felt that they were very delicate so i thought they needed to be in an airy space, and decided they needed to be installed and hung. I enjoyed the way the colors all played with each other, so i connected each one creating space in a corner. I played with the ceiling and floor and thought it all interplayed well.



David Carson


D'Hanne Friis



Chung Im Kim

Comments

Popular posts from this blog