Multiple Panel












Cotton, Dye, Thread

1x10 ft

This project was aimed on creating a piece that was made by multiple panels. I knew right away i wanted to create panels using textiles. I actually began this by dying fabric with natural dyes. I used turmeric, red onion skins, and avacados to dye white cotton. It turned out really successful, but i wasn't too excited about the color that came out. I then decided that it wasn't very important content wise to use natural dyes so i bought some and created some mixes. I felt that they were very delicate so i thought they needed to be in an airy space, and decided they needed to be installed and hung. I enjoyed the way the colors all played with each other, so i connected each one creating space in a corner. I played with the ceiling and floor and thought it all interplayed well.



David Carson


D'Hanne Friis



Chung Im Kim

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Map Relief sculpture

Drawing on Objects